Amazon Fire TV setup and Kodi installation
- Download and install the latest version of Kodi for Android ARM: http://kodi.tv/download/
- Enable ADB debugging on your Amazon Fire TV
- On the Fire TV, scroll to:
- Settings > System > Developer Options > ADB Debugging > On
- Guide with images: LINK
- Unzip to C:\FTV (otherwise, it will not work)
- Launch app "Amazon FireTV Utility App.exe"
- Firestarter (alternative/simple home screen that allows you to update kodi easily)
- AutoPilot (auto launch kodi on boot up)
- Kodi Keymap v4 (my preferred remote settings)
- Switch Ikono TV icon to Kodi (Install Ikono TV on the Amazon Fire TV first if missing)
Llama(no longer needed as Firestarter is better)
Warning: DO NOT USE: Install and Mount Link2SD, Root configuration Tools or Install Recovery Image until you have done in depth research --- Otherwise you may brick your Amazon Fire TV like I did previously! --- Irreversible Brick!!! If you find more information on these how to use tools, please write a comment and let me know.
Installation of TV Addons on Kodi
- Launch Kodi
- Navigate to SYSTEM > FILE MANAGER > ADD SOURCE
- Select/edit <NONE>
- Type in “http://fusion.tvaddons.ag”
- Select the bottom text input box under the “Enter a name for the media Source” field.
- Type in "fusion" > Click OK
- Return to the main menu and navigate to SYSTEM > SETTINGS > ADD-ONS
- Select INSTALL FROM ZIP FILE > "fusion" > "start-here"
- Select "plugin-video.hubwizard....zip" and wait for the add-on to download and auto-install
- Return to the main menu and navigate to PROGRAMS > CONFIG WIZARD
- Select your device and wait for the add-ons to download and auto-install
- Browse the apps and enjoy!
HD Movies on Kodi
- My favourite Kodi TV-Addon's for movies is found in Phoenix:
- Kodi > Video > Video Add-ons > Phoenix > Rockcrusher
- When you highlight Rockcrusher > Click the menu key > Add to favourites
- From now on, you can load this by Kodi > Menu button (to load favourites) > Rockcrusher
Following TV shows - Setup of SALTS on Kodi
Please follow the instructions from this website:
- Part 1: Install SALTS
- Please note that I also did the following to improve my SALTS experience:
- Kodi > Settings > Add-ons > Install from repository > All repositories > Add-on repository > tknorris (Beta Testing and Release repository)
- Kodi > System > Add-ons > My Add-ons > Video Add-ons > Stream all the sources > Update (updated to beta version)
- Open SALTS > Settings > Auto-configure SALTS > Continue
- Part 2: SALTS and Trakt
- Once Trakt account has been created, add all the TV shows watch to your collection:
- Load trakt.tv website on laptop > Search your fav TV shows > Click Add to collection
- To watch on Kodi > SALTS > TV Shows > My Collection (click menu and add to favourites to access quickly
- Or use SALTS > My Next Episodes.
- Go to trakt.tv website to easily mark seasons/episodes as watched.
- Part 3: SALTS Library Integration
Sports Channels on Kodi
- Follow the instructions on how to install the latest version of SportsDevil here:
- And Sports TV Live:
TV shows - Genesis on Kodi (20/12/15 - Genesis developer has stopped - Use SALTS)
- This is my favourite app and further enhancements can be made to improve your experience:
- Import your IMDB 'watchlist' into Kodi to easily track your favourite shows:
- Sign-up to IMDB and add some TV shows to your watch list
- Follow this guide on how to add IMDB to Genesis
- Go to Genesis > Tools > Genesis: Library > IMDB: Import TV Watchlist... > Yes
- Go to Genesis > Tools > Genesis: Library > highlight Genesis: TV folder and click on the menu button > Set content > choose (TV Shows) > Click OK