Pages

Sunday 8 April 2012

Finding good coffee in London... Yum :)

I'm not a coffee *geek* nor am I intending to be one, but I do enjoy a good smooth flatwhite...



Where do I find a good coffee?
  • For starters, a couple of years ago, I stopped going to the big chains in London (Starbucks, Nero, etc) and looked out for independent cafes. Lucky for me Dose Espresso opened up en route to work which made avoiding the chains an easy option. 
  • As I explored London cafes, I realised that those with a La Marzocco coffee machine would generally serve a very nice cup of coffee. Having had the opportunity to visit the factory in Florence and learning that each machine is hand-made, starting at no less than ££££ digits, I realised that those that own this piece of machinery knew what they were doing. 
  • Lastly, the iPhone app called London Coffee Map made my life locating great cafes a whole lot easier. The app uses GPS to locate closest cafe and provides me with information about opening times, reviews, and a link to google maps. Perfect!

Lantana Cafe (Simple decor and relaxing atmosphere)
 




Here are some other London Coffee websites worth checking out:
Please let me know if you come across any great finds in London!

La Marzocco Factory in Florence





No comments:

Post a Comment